The successful candidate will report to the Technical Manager and will be the site QA representative with responsibility for safety and quality issues.
This role will require cross functional interaction between all Departments to ensure agreed procedures, standards and requirements relating to quality, safety and legality are communicated.
You will need to be flexible in meeting the demands of the business and to cater for developments and issues requiring attention outside normal working hours.
- Implementation of safety and quality procedures in the factory in line
- Assist the Technical Manager in the completion of Quality review Meetings.
- Manage the quality team in respect of delivering upon their set objectives and promoting continuous improvement.
- Assist the Technical Manager in representing the QA Department during customer visits and audits
- Assisting the Technical Manager in the Development, implementation and verification of the HACCP plan.
- Assisting in the development of safety strategies for the site.
- Conduct daily checks across the site to verify compliance
- Manage the sampling and analysis program.
- Stay abreast of Customer policies and requirements and report upon matters likely to impact upon existing practices.
- Participate in Supplier review meetings and maintain a performance rating for each Supplier
- Co-ordinate customer complaints
- Co-ordinate the reporting, analysis and trending or all QA generated reports for circulation to relevant Departments and in preparation for inspection and audit
- Co-ordinate the annual Calibration of all test and measuring devices with the Maintenance Department.
- Monitor hygiene performance across both sites against documented cleaning schedules by managing a programmer of verification activities involving visual checks and test procedures. This will on occasion require working outside normal working hours.